The Institute of Pastoral Studies aspires to leverage INSPIRE learning to be a national clearinghouse for professional pastoral leadership consulting practice. It offers a distinct form of pastoral consultation for pastors, lay ministers, and parish leaders, based on eight years of INSPIRE engagement with over 40 pastoral leadership teams in the Archdiocese of Chicago.
Proven pathways that integrate personal and team learning
- Informed by Center research initiatives and feedback system
- Enhancing awareness of personal and team spirituality as critical disciplines
- Center consultants understand parish consultation as a unique discipline
- They are proficient in consulting for organizational development, management and leadership, but…
- Center consultants must also bring personal histories of successful leadership performances in church settings
Modeling, drawing from, and witnessing to the value of University/Local Church partnerships
- Based upon INSPIRE, the original institutional partnership initiative of Loyola University Chicago Institute of Pastoral Studies (IPS) and the Archdiocese of Chicago
- Continuing INSPIRE’s partnership mission of Identifying, Nurturing, and Sustaining Pastoral Imagination through Resources for Excellence, a nine-year program made possible by the generous support of the Lilly Endowment, Inc. Sustaining Pastoral Excellence program
- Developing a continuing international partnership with six German dioceses and Ruhr University, Bochum, DE
Our staff has…a new foundation…helping us to heal and, through us (with God’s help), bringing healing to our faith community.
Parish and staff, Chicago West Side parish